Test Automation Manager
||Test Automation Manager
My client is a leading and established financial services provider, looking for a test automation manager who will be responsible for defining automation testing best practice, including the creation and implementation of an automation test strategy. You will be responsible for building a test automation framework and documenting coding standards. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading and line managing a small automation test team.
50/50 flexible working environment + competitive salary.
My Client is strictly looking for a collaborative test manager, with a hands on approach.
- Formulate and implement both a Test Automation Strategy and the automation environment requirements.
- Report automation progress demonstrating a positive return on Investment. In addition, present to department/other departments to raise awareness of the benefits of automation.
- Review the applications in scope and identify tooling solutions that meet the requirements.
- Consideration of modern work practices and influencing TDD and BDD.
- Providing key information in the form of a business case as to what should or should not be automated.
- Evangelise an Automation in Test approach which supports both projects and the wider business.
- Monitor the market to gain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies and products within your area of expertise.
- Mentor and/or coach junior peers.
- Act as a role model, demonstrating required behaviour.
- Build good working relationships and share knowledge with other members of the department, mentor and coach junior peers
- Attend product launches, technical seminars and user group meetings as directed by the Team Manager; sharing the knowledge gained through reports / presentations.
Expertise with the following technologies:
- C# or Java
- Selenium UI automation or similar
- TDD and A-TDD (for integration, DB, API and UI)
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Application development (SDLC)
- Strong understanding of reusable packages
- Hands-on experience of automated testing and associated tooling
If this is an opportunity that you would be interested in, please get in touch.