Test Automation Engineer
||Test Automation Engineer
-Test Automation Engineer
-Glasgow / Remote
-Salary to £40,000 + Excellent Benefits
A brand-new role for a Test Automation Engineer with our Technology client based in Glasgow has come to the market. This market-leading client are entering a huge scale-up face as the business goes from strength to strength. The role of the Test Automation Engineer will be to contribute to the development of the test automation strategy and the wider evolution of the QA processes.
Reporting to the Lead QA Engineer, your broad remit will involve designing, implementing and executing automated tests, contributing to shaping the test automation strategy, as well as taking the lead on delivering agreed strategy when appropriate. In addition, you will have responsibility for continual improvement and development of the testing processes and the tools utilised by the team.
You will come with a minimum of 2+ years' experience in a test/QA role - Including both as a tester and developer and will bring commercial experience of developing coded-automated software tests, using Selenium or similar. Preferably you will have core ability in coding - .NET C# or Java. The successful candidate must have the capability to build out automated tests, code them up and execute them. The role requires the ability to work on the integration of test tools into CI/CD pipelines and knowledge and experience of automation tools such as Postman/Soap UI.
Excitingly, there is strong role trajectory as the QA team grows over time, where you'll have a real influence on the overall QA approach and contribute to the testing strategy as a whole.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone aiming to join a fast-growing and forward-thinking organisation and will suit someone who is a keen collaborator, with a positive mindset who is keen to take the next step in their career.
- 2+ years' experience of a test/QA role - both as a tester and developer
- Honours degree qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related subject
- Direct experience of developing coded automated software tests e.g. technologies such as Selenium or similar
- Specific core ability in coding - preferably in .NET C# (Java considered)
- Knowledge of xUnit, Nunit and automation test tools such as Postman and SOAPUI
- Integration of test tools into CI/CD pipelines within platforms such as Azure DevOps
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Kanban development team environment
- Knowledge of continuous integration/deployment
- Excellent communication skills - to succinctly capture and communicate issues found during testing
- Be a real team player with a passion to learn and share ideas to improve testability of software
The above list is not exhaustive, so if you are keen to find out further detail around this opportunity, please forward an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org