Security Design Engineer
||Security Design Engineer
Security Design Engineer
London or North West based
My client, a leading financial services provider are actively looking for two contract security engineers to join their team on initial 3 month basis. Ideally you will have experience working with labs and projects to help deliver secure financial products and services. This role can be based from multiple locations, throughout the UK however initial interviews would be remote and on boarding. Both contracts are to start in early July.
- Provide the following capabilities as required by the project or determined by the work load alignment:
- Security Architecture
- Security Engineering and Design
- Security Consultancy
- You MUST have experience of securing some or all of the following:
- Application Security
- Securing DevOps pipelines
- Containers (Docker/Kubenetes)
- Securing Cloud (Azure, Google)
- Integrating on-prem services with cloud services
- Microservices architecture
- Work with the engineering lead and project architect to deliver a security solution
- Analyse security risk within each design as appropriate to the scope and ensure that all interested stakeholders are informed or consulted where necessary.
- Design security controls in compliance with group-wide security standards and configuration workbooks
- Where necessary support the project in articulating waivers related to security design decisions taken.
- Take the lead on security architecture decisions and issues where the problem scenario is not covered by a pattern or standard. Seek guidance from Security Specialists where appropriate
- Collaborate with alternative technical resources with the goal of supporting projects in the production of design documentation e.g. Technical Solution Designs (TSD's) or security documentation where necessary.
- Ensure that the drivers of Cost, Pace and Quality are maintained during production of or contribution to design artefacts.
- Provide security design engineering effort that leads to the creation of high quality solutions that comply with all relevant group-wide policies and Security Standards.
- Provide security support for assigned projects at review committees, boards or forums in order to facilitate the project through governance.
- Provide support for projects as they move into the delivery stage at a level suitable to ensure that the solution is implemented as per the design. Ensure the solution is taken back through governance where the design has changed during the implementation cycle.