Systems Administrator, Windows Server, VMWare, IT Support
||Systems Administrator, Windows Server, VMWare, IT Support
Systems Administrator, Windows Server, VMWare, IT Support, part remote
Our client, an established and well known organisation in central Bristol is seeking to recruit a Senior Systems Administrator for a 12 contract to join its Server Systems Team, specialising in Infrastructure Monitoring, Windows Server Operating Systems, and Virtualisation technologies such as VMware.
You will deliver technical and service excellence, working on and problem-solving all aspects of Windows systems administration, taking the lead on security incidents and building up our monitoring capability.
Engagement is via umbrella company only.
Skills and general responsibilities:-
- Responding to Incidents and Service Requests
- Raising and presenting Change Requests as appropriate.
- Knowledge sharing with others in the team and empowering them to develop systems with your collaboration, reducing single points of failure.
- Building operating systems in a virtual environment
- Securing, patching, maintaining and monitor systems using tools such as Solarwinds, vCenter and PowerShell
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Monitoring e.g. Solarwinds
- VMware and/or Hyper-V
- Experience with Windows operating systems, Solarwinds monitoring and ITIL processes
- Experience with Hyper-V and/or VMware virtualisation platforms
- PowerShell scripting
- Ability to write readme files and produce clear technical documentation to assist colleagues
- Strong communication skills