Remote Working - UK
9 - 12 Month c. DRC - £900 - £1000
We are currently recruiting for a Qualified Actuary to join our financial services client in the UK to support in the successful implementation of the new IFRS17 standard.
The successful candidate will support the UK Life Reporting team to implement IFRS17 into actuarial reporting €˜Business As Usual'.
- Supporting the ongoing IFRS17 programme, helping different aspects of the project and providing cross-functional collaboration.
- Involved in implementing IFRS17 proof of concept exercise, transition and integration of IFRS17 reporting into the BAU team.
- Delivering and supporting deep-dive presentations and business impacts to stakeholders
- Investigating short term and strategic IFRS17 treatment of manuals and their impact on analysis of change.
- Supporting planning activities for dry run exercise and highlighting the resources required to support various IFRS17 segments.
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will be a Qualified actuary (or QBE) with significant financial reporting experience, ideally across IFRS or Solvency II with hands on experience working on IFRS17.
- Strong technical actuarial skills
- UK actuarial reporting experience preferred- Financial Reporting, messaging, analysis experience, IFRS17 and SII knowledge
- Ability to work innovatively to develop solutions to fresh analytical problems
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence
- Ability to collaborate with other programme team members and drive delivery
- Ability to work independently and on their own initiative and know when to escalate
- Flexibility approach and willingness to engage in ad-hoc requests