We are exclusively partnering with BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Laboratories who is seeking to recruit a Senior Engineer for the Experimental Cyber Group at Great Baddow.
We are looking for a highly motivated Post-Doctoral Researcher with a proven track record in delivering cyber research. The ideal candidate will work in a small team of multidisciplinary engineers and scientists to deliver cyber research and consultancy for a wide variety of clients.
As a Senior Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop innovative ideas, undertake novel and cutting-edge research projects and develop prototype and demonstration technologies.
We expect that the ideal candidate will have a strong academic background in one of the following disciplines: Mathematics, Cryptography, Computer Science, Protocol Analysis, Physics or related subject areas.
The candidate must be a UK National willing to apply for SC Clearance.
Specific requirements for the Experimental Cyber Group Senior Engineer include:
- SC eligible
- Understanding of key cyber technologies and their application to Cyber Defence and Situational Awareness
- Systems engineering understanding necessary to decompose complex systems - The ability to undertake technology development and develop concept demonstrators on behalf of customers
- Experience of requirement definition from multiple conflicting sources
- Ability to present research clearer and provide articulate and engaging project reports to a range of stakeholders (seniors & peers).
Typical Experiment Cyber Group Senior Engineer Responsibilities include:
- Lead a small team of engineers to execute projects for customers, ensuring that we deliver on our commitments to customers
- Project resource planning and management, forecasting of prospects.
- Establish, maintain and expand a network of academic and SME contacts in the Cyber domain.
- Development of new business opportunities and timely generation of high quality, well planned and innovative bids
- Support the development of the cyber research strategy with the Capability Technology Leader & Cyber Group Leader
- Develop and maintain key business relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and external institutions
- Promote the technical excellence through generation of patents, Chairman's awards and external publicity in scientific journals and / or the press
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Solid grounding in engineering with typically >2 years post-doctoral experience in a technology based environment, managing self and small teams working on complex, multidisciplinary projects
- Member of a relevant professional body
- Able to assess and understand the impact of emerging technologies and competitors to achieve business advantage
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work with customers or other stakeholders to capture requirements and highlight the risks and opportunities in a plan
Please apply now to engage an informal conversation!