Interim Underwriting Manager - Remote
||Interim Underwriting Manager - Remote
||£550-£600 Via Umbrella
Job Title: Interim Underwriting Manager
Day Rate: £600 a day via umbrella (potential flexibility)
Length: 6 months
Location: Remote - Essex Office but can be almost fully remote
Purpose of the Role:
Our client, a major insurance firm, are looking to hire an interim Underwriting manager for Financial Lines - Customers include small accountancy businesses and large Accountancy Firms.
Your role involves managing underwriting performance, generating new business opportunities, and ensuring compliance with underwriting strategies and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and maintain overall underwriting performance for the Fee Protection portfolio.
- Generate and underwrite new business opportunities while maximising existing business retention.
- Demonstrate strong technical capability, trading, and negotiating skills.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on relevant strategic projects.
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external trading relationships.
- Achieve key team and individual targets.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Cert CII essential. DIP CII/ ACII preferred.
- Advanced underwriting knowledge with specialist market and product expertise.
- Proven ability to write profitable business in the protection/financial lines specialist market.
- Working knowledge of the legal and regulatory insurance framework.
- Financial Lines Underwriting experience in the UK Market (ideally for a similar, varied sized accountancy customer base)
- Approachable and supportive with effective communication skills.
- Highly organised with a focus on business objectives and priorities.
- Driver of positive business change with a commitment to business strategies.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org