AWS Cloud Engineer - Permanent
||AWS Cloud Engineer - Permanent
||IT, Government / Defence, Digital
||Bristol, Manchester, London
AWS Cloud Engineer
Locations: Bristol, Manchester, London
Salary: £45,000 - £70,000
Please Note: Any offer is subject to completion of SC clearance
We are a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
As a team:
We are one of the world's leading providers of AWS Solutions. You'll work on innovative projects with colleagues to drive collaboration from strategy through to implementation. You will be using the latest technologies with clients to help them get to the next level.
If you're looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you.
In our team you will:
- Work for tier-1 clients across industry sectors - helping them turn their cloud strategy into reality
- Help design and deliver transformative cloud solutions - from migrating legacy applications onto AWS to building innovative, new cloud-native applications
- Continue to learn and grow - we actively encourage and support continuous learning and certification on AWS
As an AWS Cloud Engineer, you will:
- Design and deploy enterprise-wide dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, secure and reliable applications on AWS full-stack
- Assist with the implementation of AWS platform architectures, including account structure, serverless, networks, security, deployment orchestration and automation
- Build and configure code and IaC pipelines
- Containerise and deploy existing and new applications
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Hands-on development background in AWS, across a wide range of AWS services;
- Hands-on experience developing Infrastructure as Code using AWS Cloudformation and/or AWS Cloud Development Kit and/or Terraform
- Hands-on experience with scripting and compiled languages, especially Python and/or NodeJS and/or Golang;
- Hands-on experience developing complex automation to support Continuous Integration and Delivery approach to software release management
- Hands-on experience with Linux/UNIX
- Experience with container and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic Container Service (ECS)
Set yourself apart:
- A Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in engineering or implementing AWS solutions
What's in it for you
In addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days' vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!