Actuarial / Calculations Analyst
||Actuarial / Calculations Analyst
Actuarial - Calculations Analyst
Edinburgh (Hybrid working)
Initial 6 Month DRC (inside IR35) - rate negotiable
We are looking for proactive, knowledgeable and confident Calculation Analysts to join our financial services client working on a large migration programme. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the UK insurance industry, excellent analytical & Excel skills. Mainly responsible to support the requirement analysis, design, build and testing of the calculations.
- You would be required to understand the actuarial and product manuals and develop the required calculation specifications in MS Word / Excel format.
- You would be required to understand calculations specifications specified in MS word / MS Excel format by our actuarial team and responsible to support design and build teams with query resolutions
- You will be responsible to specify the test conditions to test the calculations and responsible to execute the test conditions against the test tools (e.g. based on excel) and actuarial systems
- You will be responsible to analyse calculations mismatches identified during testing and liaise with actuarial, IT developers, product experts to resolve the mismatches
- You will be responsible to consolidate the static data /standing data from various calculation specifications and convert the same to a predefined format as specified by the Platform
- You're a team player who can help everyone pull together to achieve shared goals.
- Analytical problem solving and excellent communication
- Financial Services industry (particularly Life and pensions processes and products)
- Some VBA and Data base Skills an advantage
- Full breadth understanding of life and pensions product range
- Knowledge of FSA regulations (relating to the sale and administration of Insurance) desirable