Role: Contract Technical Lead (XD)
Location: Gloucester - 5 days a week onsite
Pay rate: Very competitive
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECURIY CLEARANCE: SC
Duration: Initial 6 months, open to renewal.
Are you looking to join a close-knit cross domain product development and solutions team? The team is operating on a project of central importance to the client. As technical lead the successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of being an identifiable team leader, with a real ability to make technical decisions. You will have a predisposed understanding of what good looks like when building and managing a team.
You'll be engaged in mentoring your developers and engaging with project and engineering managers to support internal business processes. You will also be able to change you approach and that of the team to meet the dynamics of the project. (eg Agile, Iterative, Waterfall)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep understanding of C++, Linux, multi-threading, and network technologies
- Strong Java experience
- Experience in estimation, scheduling, and task breakdown (ideally in Jira or similar)
- Ability and desire to learn new programming languages and technologies Experience of modern libraries including STL, Apache libraries (NiFi etc)
- Good grasp of networking fundamentals
- Experience of scripting languages
- Evidence of innovation and initiative
- Proven problem-solving and fault-finding skills
If you'd be excited to join a team in the midst of an exciting and important project and you'd like to discuss this in more depth then please don't hesitate to get in touch.