IT Governance Manager / Quality Manager
||IT Governance Manager / Quality Manager
An IT Governance Manager / Quality Manager is required to work for an Insurance company based in London.
- Build a new, high profile quality management and assurance function from the ground up.
- Deliver a governance framework, quality standards, measurements and metrics which are appropriate, pragmatic, clearly articulated to drive delivery excellence.
- Implement quality standards including training and ongoing support where necessary.
- Ongoing monitoring, sampling and testing of IT delivery output and outcomes, against the expected quality standards, including but not limited to:
- Development and source code management
- The Change and Release processes
- Incident, problem, defect and knowledge management
- Environment management
- Vendor and Contract management
- Asset management, including physical and information assets
- Budget management
- Compliance, Risk, Regulatory and Audit obligations
- Manual and automated testing, smoke testing, load testing and UAT.
- IT Security management
- Relentless improvement of processes, quality standards, measurements, training, testing and best practice.
- Escalation point for all quality risks/issues/defects, providing remediation strategies, root cause analysis and resolutions in a timely manner with minimal impact.
- The Quality function will also be responsible for delivering Testing Services for all change and will have a Test Manager reporting into the role, therefore the focus of this role is on the Quality elements but must have Testing Service experience
- Leadership and development of the QA & Test team functions and FTEs.
- The Department will rely heavily on outsourced resources to flex with demand and so this role will be required to establish and run the relationship with third party providers for both Quality and testing services as appropriate
- Resource strategy, forecasting and planning for peak programme workloads.
- Ensure test, quality and subject matter knowledge is preserved within Canopius.
- Building and developing strategic relationships with senior Project and Programme stakeholders to ensure quality standards are applied to projects and programmes
- Producing and articulately communicating a clear view of the future strategy for testing and quality management.
- Produce dashboards and reports on progress and effectiveness of testing and quality
Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of ISO standards including 9001, 27001, 20000, 38500
- Knowledge of control frameworks ITIL and Cobit.
- IT Audit experience would be advantageous.
- Extensive experience of Agile working, toolset and implementing agile testing on projects.
- Excellent IT, commercial, contract, partner management knowledge and experience, particularly in leading third parties and outsourced services.
- Deep technical understanding of testing, quality assurance and release management gained through experience of leading a test and quality team on a large programme.