Actuarial Analyst - General Insurance
Edinburgh or Remote
Competitive - Contract
We have an exciting opportunity for an Actuarial Analyst to join our financial services client based in Edinburgh on an initial 6 - 12 Month DRC.
Working within a small finance team that produce management reporting, financial and regulatory reporting and support operations with decision support analysis.
This role will hold responsibility for a range of product reviews, claims analysis, reporting and controls for a general insurance business.
- Providing support to Finance and the wider business acting as the main point of contact on IFRS17 and SII for SIIL.
- Review of analysis used in quarterly reporting; provision of quarterly SII narrative report.
- Supporting production and peer review of the AFR, ORSA, SFCR & RSR for the business.
- Producing/reviewing the claims QRT's as part of the Solvency II annual reporting and other Solvency II reporting as appropriate.
- Supporting internal and external audit queries where appropriate.
- Support MTP and run-off planning.
- Supporting development of IFRS17 approach
- Driving continuous improvement in process and control.
- Reviewing product and repricing reviews in line with requirements as set by senior management team with reference to the MI data, utilising Prophet models and other business tools as appropriate.
- Reviewing experience analysis for claims and lapses to support pricing reviews.
- Where necessary, produce Board reports and other ad-hoc papers to support proposals.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- The successful candidate will be a Qualified Actuary with extensive experience of general insurance.
- Proven communication skills and team player
- Experience in actuarial science and pricing reviews
- Experience in handling financial data and manipulating within controlled environment
- Experience of reporting / regulatory changes, ideally in respect of IFRS17 but also Solvency II.
- Experience working with 2nd, 3rd lines and external audit
- Ability and drive to share knowledge, experience and best practice across that team.
To apply, please use the €˜Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact email@example.com / 0131 2207109