Reporting into the Project Manager, you will manage the procurement of direct materials needed for assigned projects.
- Purchase equipment, materials and/or services for assigned projects.
- Secure the quality and timely delivery of goods and/or services required for assigned projects.
- Ability to develop and manage a Procurement Schedule Report (PSR).
- Negotiate vendor alliances and associated material masters.
- Assist in the reallocation or disposal of excess materials.
- Assist in proposals support when required.
- Ensure that the Authority Matrix is followed stringently.
- Expected to work with only general supervision.
- Create internal reports.
- Conduct complex bid process and do commercial evaluations.
- Identify new supplier sources and recommend new sourcing strategies in assigned area.
- Co-ordinate the logistics of goods and/services required for assigned projects.
- Independently consolidate and analyse information from various sources to develop effective procurement
- Conduct external reporting (outside of procurement department)
- Produce the project budget for project requirements.
- Create procurement budget tracker.
- Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Third Level Degree in Supply Chain
- Minimum of 7 years' work experience in a similar role.
- Ability to prioritize workload efficiently