Qualified Accountant - Life insurance
We are currently looking for a qualified accountant to work for a global life insurance business in edinburgh.
Qualified Accountant responsibilities;
- Accounting activity including cash management, reconciliations, journal processing and financial close procedures.
- Management reporting, statutory reporting and regulatory reporting
- Oversee the interfaces process ensuring accounting journals and system feeds into the general ledger are complete, accurate and reconciled to source inputs
- Lead ad hoc projects to continually improve Finance processes and systems
- Provide business partner support to senior management within business units to ensure financial information is communicated and understood effectively
Qualified accountant Experience/Skill set:
- Qualified accountant with 3 years post qualification experience
- Accounting experience in the life insurance industry desired
- Experience in preparing statutory and regulatory financial statements
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with senior management throughout the Group
- Have awareness of control environments within financial systems and ability to address weakness