Compliance Monitoring Manager
||Compliance Monitoring Manager
||Risk & Compliance
||£50000-£60000 Car, Bonus & Excellent Benefits
Compliance Monitoring Manager - Edinburgh
Salary c.£50,000 - £60,000 + Car, Bonus & Excellent Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Manager to join our client in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
The key purpose of this role will be to drive risk maturity across the business, providing independent, holistic opinions on Conduct, Compliance and Regulatory Risk effectiveness, and being accountable for driving the Compliance agenda forward in supporting the achievement of strategic goals.
- Lead in embedding the Compliance, Conduct and Regulatory Risk framework, tools and mechanisms to be deployed in supporting effective regulatory compliance
- Challenge business functions on compliance with UK regulatory requirements
- Complete monitoring reviews in line with the monitoring schedule
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal regulatory risk controls and recommend improvements to the business, including identification of potential risks or gaps
- Assist in the design and operation of all aspects of the Compliance Monitoring plans in line with regulatory and company specific requirements
- Follow up on non-conformities through to resolution, including a robust escalation process for highlighting and running non-adherence via the Senior Management Team
- Support the identification of potential or actual conduct and compliance risks and ensure appropriate escalation, remediation and mitigation to manage risks back within appetite
- Assist in identifying, analysing and monitoring regulatory change that could impact the firm and its clients
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will have experience working in a similar role with a sound understanding of compliance, conduct risk, regulatory change and supporting projects within the life & pensions or protection sector.
- Demonstrable knowledge of FCA rules and principles
- Product knowledge meaningful to either Life & Pensions and/or pure protection
- Experience of wider legislative and regulatory environments e.g. Data Protection regulation
- Strong experience in a compliance, conduct or risk management role, with the ability to manage and influence stakeholders
- A good knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations and conduct risk management principles
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Risk operating environment, associated policies, procedures and protocols
- Strong written communication skills required to produce detailed reports
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to build constructive relationships with client and risk colleagues
- Ability to devise and present solutions to identified regulatory issues
- Ability to identify and investigate areas of potential regulatory risk
- Proven organisational and planning skills
To apply, please use the €˜Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact email@example.com / 0131 2207109