Reporting into the Chief Internal Auditor the Internal Audit Manager will act as a manager within the Group Internal Audit team to perform and oversee audit and other reviews that give assurance to the Board and ensure the groups activities remain within the risk appetite.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage the performance of a portfolio of audits and other assignments as agreed with the Chief Internal Auditor.
- With respect to individual audit assignments, either perform as the auditor, or more likely oversee the effective performance of the internal auditor
- Scheduling planned audits and coordinating planning for specific audits.
- Planning audits in advance to ensure that the auditee has a clear understanding of the purpose and scope of work, properly skilled and knowledgeable resources are allocated, auditors are briefed and adequate time is allowed for all stages of the audit.
- Relevant accounting or audit qualification
- Proven experience in internal or external audit
- Financial Services experience is desirable
- Demonstrable experience of leading internal audits and third party providers
If you are an experienced auditor preferably with Financial Services experience who would like to develop their career within one of the UK's largest Financial Services providers then please contact Charlie Saker through the attached link.