My client is a financial services organisation based in London city. There is currently a permanent opportunity for an experienced Financial Accountant to join the Finance team. The Financial Accountant has a broad range of responsibilities involving all aspects of the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions and the financial services area including, treasury, credit, A/R and A/P.
They will also assist the Financial Accounting Manager implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls and ensuring that the financial reporting is prepared in compliance with the company‚Äôs financial policies, regulatory requirements and UK GAAP.
Financial Accountant responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate and appropriate accounting records are maintained to enable the statutory obligations of all Companies to be met.
- Prepare the annual budgets.
- Prepare and review monthly Management Accounts
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports as requested by the Manager of Financial Accounting.
- Prepare annual financial statements, including liaison with the external auditors.
- Coordinate with the Company Secretary in matters relating to the filing of Financial Statements.
- Assist the tax advisors in the production of the tax computations for all companies, including reviewing the final computations.
- Assist the Manager of Financial Accounting in the management of cash resources.
Financial Accountant skills:
- Qualified accountant with financial services experience
- Strong knowledge of UK GAAP, internal controls and financial regulatory reporting requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong IT skills