Service Transition Manager - Intro
||Service Transition Manager - Intro
Contract: £500/day Inside IR35 - Umbrella Engagement
Start Date: ASAP
Length: 6 Months
Location: Fully-Remote role
- Total accountability for Service Design of projects assigned to individual
- Total accountability to introduce assigned services into production, through Early Life Support until signed off as business as usual.
- Ensure Service Management and support processes are adopted so that the new or changed IT service operates appropriately and is fully supportable.
- Manage the adherence to the Service Design & Introduction process is followed where Service Design/Introduction is not assigned.
- Ensure all individuals involved with planning, project, and change activities are aware of their roles and responsibilities within Service Design & Introduction Process.
- Be a subject matter expert for Service Design and Transition best practices
- Manage at task level contractors/analysts assigned
- Challenge senior stakeholders (Heads of and Director level) where unacceptable business/service risks are being proposed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience in Service Management
- Desired ITIL Foundation, Service Design and Service Transition qualified
- Breadth and depth knowledge of environment where PRINCE/AGILE project management methodology is used
- Experience of working in complex, large scale, technology environment
- Ability to understand stakeholder requirements and correctly identify the service, urgency, impact, and priority of those requirements
- Strong verbal and written communications skills at all organisational levels
- Essential strong influencing and relationship building skills with stakeholders across IT, the business and external suppliers
- Proven ability of working to challenging timescales
- Broad knowledge of how IT services support the business through experience of working in retail, IT, or similar environment