Project and Technical Actuary
||Project and Technical Actuary
Job Title: Project and Technical Actuary
Life and pensions market
Locations: Basingstoke, Bristol, Salisbury (Other locations available)
The primary purpose of this role is to be the lead technical & actuarial expert across Customer Services. The role holder will take a lead technical role in projects, and also lead on business as usual technical issues such as investigating and signing off corrections that arise on customer policies
Skills And Experience - List all relevant legal requirements, qualifications, post-qualification experience or in-the-job experience that is necessary to be able to complete the role fully.
- Supporting mainframe migrations and changes, in particular specifying the calculations to be migrated to new systems.
- Ensuring policy administration illustration systems are updated as necessary.
- Providing actuarial support to business projects including defining and signing off (where appropriate) calculation requirements and testing.
- Providing actuarial expertise and sign off for administration system or customer service related escalations ï¿½ provide product expertise, sign off bases to be used to determine customer redress, resolve issues and queries that arise.
- Providing actuarial expertise and sign off for one off corrections that arise within Customer Services.
- Advising on changes arising from technical actuarial standards and regulatory/principle changes and ensure the implementation of changes.
- Signing off technical and calculations aspects of customer communications ï¿½ for example, annual statements and member illustrations.
- Are a fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (or a part-qualified actuary with appropriate experience)
- Ability to drive through an actuarial project from conception to completion
- Have Excellent Excel skills
- Have Report writing skills
- Have in-depth knowledge of a range of life assurance and pensions product types and charges (desirable)
- Are experienced working to project deadlines and in a multi-disciplinary environment (e.g. customer service, IT, Compliance
- Posses VBA and Data base skills (desirable)
- Have a full breadth understanding of life and pensions product range (Desirable)
- Have knowledge of FSA regulations (desirable)
- 25 days holiday +8 bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Company pension scheme membership
- Gain professional accreditation on completion at no extra cost through our bespoke 24/7 professionally accredited online learning and development tools
- Access to our Confidential Helpline is available to be used by you and your family
- Develop your career through a wider global organisation of the TCS family