Automation Software Tester
||Automation Software Tester
Automation Software Tester (Automation) / £45k - £55k / Oxford - Hybrid working
An innovative and market leading company based in Oxford are looking for an Automation Software Tester to join their company. You will Work with the Product Development Team and the Product Support Team to ensure the quality of all the companys products (software and documentation) delivered to customers, ensuring these have been through stringent testing, verification, and validation to deliver a robust and usable solution to the end customer.
- Work closely with the Software Development Manager, and members of the Product Development Team, Customer Support Team, and Account Managers globally as required to understand and resolve quality issues and gather feedback.
- Develop and execute automated tests
- Establish, configure, and maintain QA automated testing environment
- Assist with manual testing activities where required (including but not limited to: installer testing, sanity testing, exploratory testing, regression testing, load tests, develop and execute test scripts for new functionality).
- Support the production of product documentation (including product manuals and online help, FAQs, release notes, known issues lists) to satisfy internal and customer requirements.
- Play an active role in the Development Team helping to ensure it continues to be a friendly, helpful, supportive working environment. This includes proactively working and communicating with colleagues on achieving the team's objectives, including any associated risks or issues
- Be knowledgeable in the companies software products and risk management in order to understand the usage and relevance of any developed work
Experience / Skills:
- At least 3 years' experience in an Automated Software Testing role.
- Demonstrable experience in the following:
- Java / J2EE
- Playwright or Selenium
- Continuous Integration, ideally using Jenkins
- Knowledge of SQL and an understanding of relational databases. Familiarity with one or more of MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server databases would be advantageous.
- Solid understanding of the software lifecycle and associated QA process, including operating in an Agile environment and its benefits.
- Commitment to quality and ability to work patiently and methodically, and pay strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Excellent communication skills - written, oral and interpersonal