Salary: £60,000 -70,000 plus benefits
This is an exciting permanent opportunity for an experienced Product Owner with a strong background in technology and experience of Agile methodology to join a successful and innovative team who are evolving their ways of working.
The successful candidate will be a key stakeholder in the future vision of the product, whilst also playing a full part in ensuring that every development Sprint has sufficient content, defined to the right level of detail
By creating and communicating a clear vision, the product owner focuses the efforts of the team upon delivering the best possible customer value and taking responsibility for delivering fit for purpose technology products. Working closely with the customer and internal stakeholders, they work to ensure alignment between the business and customer needs, their scrum team and the wider business area.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Lead the discovery, definition, development and launch of the company's new Analytics features.
- Understand and anticipate customer needs to drive product definition and positioning.
- Own the product delivery
- Manage products across the full product lifecycle
- Provide effective stakeholder communication, acting as a key point of contact for the defined products and providing a superior experience in business engagement
- Take accountability for removing blockers and then pro-actively identify, communicate and resolve risks and issues by applying continuous improvement measures
- Managing the product backlog - ensuring the backlog is visible to the whole team, be responsible for the prioritisation of each proposition.
- Plays a key part in all development events including planning, refinement, review, retrospective, the sprint and daily scrum meetings.
- Regular communication with the development team and the stakeholders and effectively collaborates with the team to develop and deliver.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Significant experience operating in a Product Owner role
- The ideal candidate would have knowledge of networking (OSI communication model, IP, TCP/UDP), ideally with some experience of performance monitoring and/or network analysis.
- Development or scripting/system configuration/system integration experience would be beneficial.
- Strong technology background, including experience of managing development teams
- Familiarity with trading protocols such as FIX and multicast market data protocols would be an advantage.
- Experience working in a customer centric/focused organisation
- Be able to evidence solid leadership capabilities, with proven experience in inspiring & empowering individuals enabling them to achieve.
- Confident individual with proven experience of communicating and influencing with key stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of agile and scrum methodology.