IA Accreditation Consultant (DV Cleared)
||IA Accreditation Consultant (DV Cleared)
||Government / Defence
IA Accreditation Consultant
- Contract Duration: until 31 March 2022
- Rate: £610.00
- IR35: PAYE Umbrella
- Location: Cheltenham
- Clearance : DV Clearance Requried
We are looking for an accomplished, enthusiastic, and conscientious self-starting experienced consultant to provide impartial and independent advice and guidance on information risk management. Relevant information assurance experience and qualifications are required within the Security and Risk Consultancy Service.
- Making and recording accreditation decisions, confirming that residual risks on behalf of their organisation(s) are within the risk appetite(s) as recorded in relevant risk documentation escalating as appropriate.
- Identifying information risks that have implications beyond the relevant risk methodology and communicating them to the relevant owners.
- Ensuring relevant standards and policies are appropriately applied.
- Ensuring that all information risk management artefacts that are the responsibility of the Accreditor are established, proactively monitored, and kept up to date.
- Establishing risk assessment and agreeing the controls that will cover physical, personnel, procedural and technical domains
- Building open and honest collaborative relationships with Risk Owners, IA Security Managers and any other key stakeholders using narratives to influence behaviours and actions, to meet the organisation's security requirements
- Providing constructive and timely advice on information risk mitigation strategies and their implications.
- Providing updates on and relaying key issues pertaining to Risk Owners in team meetings and reviews.
- Proactively collaborating and sharing knowledge with other Information Assurance professionals.
- Ensuring that technical and business skills remain current, making time for personal development to be able to articulate risks in a way that is meaningful to others.
- Existing high level HMG security clearance.
- Broad and expert knowledge of security controls and systems.
- Demonstrable experience in producing risk assessments in a UK Government environment.
- Demonstrable experience in providing security consultancy and technical IA solutions in a UK Government
- Demonstrable experience in conducting compliance audits against standards, e.g. ISO27001.
- Familiarity of HMG Security Policy Framework, Information Assurance Standards and good practice
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. CISSP, ITPC.
- CCP membership desirable.
*Please Note* - Due to the nature of the opportunity our client requires candidates with an active DV Security clearance.
Our clients do offer the ability to achieve the relevant clearances for permanent staff, we are supporting them in this endeavour also so please do present your CV if you'd like to achieve a DV level of security clearance.