-6 month contract (Outside IR35)
-Excellent Day Rates
Our public sector client are currently looking for a seasoned Test Engineer to join the team, focussing on the testing of modern web applications. You will join a small, but skilled Test team, working within an Agile Development environment. Candidates will be expected to have a basic valid disclosure certificate.
The work will be project-based and greenfield in nature. Main activities will include; Preparing test scripts - detailing steps in each test, the inputs involved as well as expected outcomes. These will be tested manually initially, then the focus will be on automation to alert for failures thereafter. You will also provide expert input into the analysis of infrastructure testing results and making recommendations for future testing.
You will collaborate with the wider team and provide coaching / mentoring where required. Candidates from a variety of testing backgrounds will be considered for the role.
- Broad blend of both automation and manual testing exposure including building and maintenance of automation frameworks
- Cypress skills essential
- Experience within a DevOps environment
- CI/CD pipeline deployment
- Containers/Containerisation including Docker
- REST APIs
- Accessibility and Exploratory Testing
- Consistent and principled approach to testing
- Working in an Agile manner
- Strong collaboration skill set
- Coaching / mentoring skills
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- AWS - CloudFormation, CDK, Lambda
- API Gateways
- GIS Technologies - OpenLayers, GeoServer, PostGis
The above is not exhaustive. For further information on this opportunity please forward an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org