Solution Architect - Digital, SOA, Microservices
||Solution Architect - Digital, SOA, Microservices
||£55000-£60000 Benefits and Pension
Solution Architect -
The Solutions Architect will provide thought leadership, innovation and detailed solution design to internal customers. Working with colleagues in IT, Product Management and Software Delivery, the candidate will work collaboratively to help solve our business problems, helping deliver international digital growth, the ability to scale and drastically improving the stability of our systems.
The role reports to the Chief Architect and works with the Product, Software, IT and Architecture teams to ensure that the solutions proposed are against a recognised reference architecture and consider existing platforms from a technology, capacity and strategy perspective.
- Contributing to the Future State Architecture (FSA) for new and existing products.
- Contributing to the Transition State Architectures (TSA) and the associated roadmaps required to deliver the FSA
- Design implementation architecture for key projects involved and make sure it fits with the governance model.
- Engage the key stakeholders of a system throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Work closely with operations to handover systems and knowledge transfer as appropriate
- Make sure systems meet quality and security standards
Additionally in line with the clients Values, the responsibilities of the Solutions Architect include as below.
- Model and document the current enterprise architecture, encompassing all of the company's products and systems.
- Assists in the definition of standards for enterprise architecture, principles, benefits and use of enterprise architecture to stakeholders.
- Define and maintain standards for solution architecture, ensuring that all new products, systems and major changes have solution architecture support and that all changes to the IT landscape are consistent with architectural principles, standards and the architectural strategy/road map.
- Ensure deliverables meet required quality standards.
- Ensure full documentation is produced as part of any technical solution.
Knowledge/Experience and Pre-requisites
- Substantial experience in IT, from a software development background
- Experience of technology roadmaps and solution design
- Experience of B2B integrations, balancing the nuances of complexity, standardisation and ease of integration
- Experience of explaining complex technical issues
- Experience in defining and developing high-volume, horizontally scalable architectures and infrastructure (on-premise and cloud) in an enterprise scale environment
- Experience of:
- Software and protocols that drive the internet - DNS, HTTP and other IP protocols, W3C standards, accessibility and cross-browser issues;
- Working with structured and unstructured data formats
- Expert in modern programming languages (Java essential)
- A strong appreciation for Message Oriented Middleware paradigms, EAI Patterns
- Messaging middleware, including IBM MQ, Active MQ, Camel, Java, Spring,
- Experience in agile product and software development methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- Please get in touch for more information about this opportunity.