Support Engineer, Operations, Config mngt. system, Cloud
||Support Engineer, Operations, Config mngt. system, Cloud
||South West London
Support Engineer, Operations, Config mngt system, Cloud
An exciting opportunity to work with an industry leading software company in South West London.
Our client is looking for an experienced Support Engineer with extensive windows desktop & application support to join the operations team. You will provide user support leadership within the Corporate IT function.
Our client operates SaaS platforms for its corporate systems, follows a €œcloud first€ methodology and operates €œinternet offices€.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Understanding of how to automate tasks within automation platforms.
- Creation of PowerShell scripts and SCCM task sequences.
- Microsoft platforms including Windows Server 2012r2/2016/2019 and Windows 10.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and the OSI stack.
- Secure usage of Active Directory.
- Office 365, Amazon Web Services or Azure.
- Cloud platforms (IaaS/PaaS).
- Understanding of the use of version and source control systems.
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management system - eg SCCM, Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Understanding of system hardening, and how you would defend a system from threats.
- Administration and operation of a service desk tool like JIRA Service desk.
The successful candidate will be responsible for successful operation of the user platforms, which will include, but is not limited to:-
- Assisting with the delivery of a first class, works first time, end user experience.
- Creation of documentation, and ServiceDesk flows which lead to increasing levels of self service and case deflection.
- Iteration and improvement to operating system build processes and user environment.
- Delivery, operations and management of platform security, including networks and endpoints.
- Creation and automation of documented IT procedures and processes.
- Managing data security on the network via access control and encryption schemes