Data Protection & Compliance Officer
||Data Protection & Compliance Officer
||Risk & Compliance
Sanderson Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Data Protection & Compliance Officer to join a multinational client based in Surrey. This is a 12 month FTC, with the possibility of an extension or permanent role.
The Data Protection & Compliance Officer will play a key role in supporting the organisation's compliance activities across the business.
Responsibilities of the Data Protection & Compliance Officer:
- Supporting Data Office colleagues with resolving complex rights requests and any breaches that occur
- Maintaining Register of Processing Activity (Article.30) in accordance with data protection requirements
- Maintain supplier privacy due diligence and contractual safeguards and administer associated database.
- Supporting simple data protection compliance reviews, remediation and administrative activities.
- Working in collaboration with the audit team to identify and improve processes that have a compliance impact
Capabilities of the Data Protection & Compliance Officer:
- At least two years' working experience in privacy, data protection or compliance role
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside of the company
- High attention to detail
- Good time management and organization
- Capable of working independently, but within a team structure
- Privacy certification preferred (e.g. CIPP/E, CIPP/M)