Big Data Engineer
||Big Data Engineer
||City of London
Location - London
Salary- Up to Â£70,000
We are searching for a Big Data Engineer to join my London based fintech client! You'll be working within the data team to build a brand new Big Data Platform. This is a start-up environment wihhin a growing a Data team. The company beleive in a buiding a data centric busniess, from the ground up. You will have the opportunity to use modern technologies and to work with a cutting-edge data science platform.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms; GCP or AWS would be prefered
- Strong background of data warehousing, ETL technologies and data quality
- The ability to work across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, extracting information and identifying irregularities and linkages across disparate data sets.
- Experience in distributed processing (Spark, Hadoop, Hive/Impala, EMR, etc)
- Deep understanding of Information Security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of client data
- Experience working collaboratively in a close-knit team and in clearly communicating complex solutions
- Python, T-SQL, MongoDB, Golang, Scala development skills would be beneficial
- Experience and interest in cloud infrastructure (Google Platform, AWS, Databricks, Data Lake) and containerisation (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Previous experince of working in agile teams producing frequent deliverables
They also offer a strong benifits package, including cycle to work scheme, private healthcare, fruit bolws, exclusive discounts on shops and some gyms! They also have a livley social sence with regular drinks and activies.
For more information please contact Imogen at Method on 0117 316 6771 - email@example.com