- West Berkshire
- £500 - £600
*Please note due to timescales, you must have a valid DV clearance to be considered for this opportunity.*
We are looking for a DV Cleared Infrastructure Engineer to undertake a 3-6 month contract.
The role will include:
- Day to day support and management of hosting platform and virtual servers
- Working as part of a team of technical specialists providing service support and taking part in project work as requested
- Monitoring of the platform and servers - addressing issues raised and ensuring the SLAs are met
- Proactive maintenance of the platform and server estate
- Platform and server hardware and operating system break-fix using the IT service management toolset to respond to incidents, raise changes etc.
- Patching and antivirus updates
- Developing and implementing service improvements including developing automation for routine regular activities
- Designing and implementing ad-hoc project work requests and platform hardware and server OS and product version upgrades
- Creation and maintenance of operating instructions and other support documentation
- Relevant working experience of infrastructure management
- Operating system support skills (Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 and Windows 7.1, 8 and 10 with a working knowledge of domains and AD) including fault diagnosis and fix
- Experience of hardware fault diagnosis and working with vendors to resolve hardware and software issues
- Networking principles including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP
- DELL Storage technologies
- VMware virtualisation 6.x - managing a virtual server estate, fault diagnosis, creating VMs, VM templates, virtual networking and security, VM backup/snapshot and recovery, VMware patching and maintenance activities
- Working in a secure client environment including knowledge of end point security, application security and encryption technologies
- PKI Infrastructure including IEEE 802.1X Network Access Control
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x including NetScaler's
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List