- £40,000 - £46,000
The purpose of this roleis to deliver network connectivity projects, to customers, based on UK wide national MPLS network and vCloud environment. The role demands a high degree of technical design and understanding of wide area networks, especially MPLS and Internet technologies. This will be a predominantly post-sales customer facing role.
Duties will include -
- Technical design of customer network connectivity solutions based on their requirements via sales and pre-sales teams.
- Hands-on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco and Huawei network equipment, especially routers and switches
- Adherence to ISO09001 and ISO27001 certification standards:
- Compliance with Redcentric's policies and procedures
- Handling and protection of information
- Reporting of security events
- Implementing appropriate policies and procedures
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Visio.
- Technical experience in a network project implementation role or similar.
- Cisco Professional Certification, preferably CCNP, CCNP Data Center or Security.
- Advanced knowledge of WAN, MAN and LAN technologies.
- Full understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack backed up by hands on experience working with IPv4 and IPv6.
- Proven experience working with MPLS technologies including L2/L3 VPN and traffic engineering, OSPF, BGP, and QoS on Cisco networks
- Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco and Fortigate firewalls.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco network equipment, routers and switches.
- Experience and fluency in PHP scripting.
- Working knowledge of Cisco security products.
- Experience working with Juniper and Palo Alto firewall products.
- Experience working with CISCO ACE and Citrix Netscaler products.
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List