- Milton Keynes
- £35,000 - £43,000
Working alongside BA's, Developers, Product Owners. The Test Automation Engineer requires the creation, maintenance & execution of automated tests within the automation framework based on Java, Selenium WebDriver, and Cucumber.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can bring added value to the organisation, propose new approaches to delivering solutions quicker, and have a willingness to challenge the status-quo in a professional manner for the greater good.
- Define automated test cases
- Review project requirements and design documentation by and creating test matrices
- Log, analyse and report defects to ensure efficient resolution
- Identify, assess and escalate Test and Project risks and issues. Liaise with Project Managers, Developers, Business Analysts and Users to resolve where necessary
- Perform peer reviews of work done by other testers
- Complete test reports and metrics on test progress
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber is essential
- Experience of using JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Experience of creating and architecting Selenium driven automation frameworks
- Experience of working on large automation projects with high organisational standards
- Using / setting up drivers and agents on distributed test/build machines
- Current experience & understanding of object oriented programming i.e. Java / .NET
- Experience with continuous deployment methods (CD)
- Experience of using version control tools in a project i.e. Git (preferred)
- Pro-actively involved in scrum and defect triage meetings in a project
- Previous experience following Agile/Scrum methodology would be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of SQL, XML, and MS SQL
- Experience of working with Data Driven environments, ideally in the Financial industries
- Previous Automation testing experience in an Agile and DevOps oriented environments (TDD or BDD) - (advantageous)
- Good understanding of Java 8 (advantageous)
- Background in Development (advantageous)
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List