- Chippenham, Andover
- £500 - £600
Our client is a leading supplier of technical solutions to the Defence sector. Having recently been awarded a new contract, they have an immediate requirement for an experienced Technical Architect to offer support on a 12 month basis.
Due to the nature of the environment and the role, our client requires someone who has recently worked within the MOD/supplier to the MOD.
The role will focus on the development of a new data centre so experience of this is essential.
In addition, further responsibilities will include:
- Gathering and interpreting requirements from the business and technical stakeholders, including the implementation of proof of concepts to aid this process
- Working with Dev Ops teams and fellow architects to identify and design end to end architectural solutions, advising on and contributing to the implementation process
- Using own experience, industry best practice and emerging trends, to initiate new ideas and conduct options analysis to recommend optimum solutions
- Maintain an awareness of our ongoing engineering work to be able to make informed recommendations on how best to meet individual business area needs
- Ensure appropriate assurance and compliance activities take place to support investment and risk decisions
- Support the lead/senior architects by contributing to technology roadmaps and future visions to help stakeholders understand where and how technology work benefits them
- Recent and relevant experience in technical roles, preferably 3+ years' experience
- A proven track record of delivering systems that are robust, maintainable, secure, scalable and have good performance
- Must have, and maintain, technical currency to be able to advise customers on the latest technology choices
- Able to understand users' requirements and translate them into solutions that meet broader business needs
- Able to work with project managers to ensure successful delivery balancing cost, quality and scope to achieve desired outcomes
- Follow and engage in a fast, iterative development approach
- Must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively as part of a broader development team, sharing ideas and experience wherever possible
- Produce appropriate design documentation as required by the senior architect
- Experience of Agile/DevOps engineering projects
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List