- £30,000 - £50,000 Negotiable Salary
Our client provides technical solutions to the government and defence sector. Due to additional demand, they have a new requirement for an experienced Software Engineer (C++)
You will be required to analyse requirements, design, implement and unit test software code and supporting artefacts using appropriate tools.
Due to the nature of the work and the environment, it is essential that you hold Security Clearance or are eligible for Security Clearance. To be eligible, you must hold a British Passport
- Produces or validates the schedule and effort estimate for each task they perform
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of schedule and will endeavour to estimate accurately and deliver according to those estimates
- Demonstrates skill and adeptness in team collaboration, technical discussion and negotiation.
- Continually increase personal understanding of the languages, frameworks, technical concepts, methods and measurements that underpin the Engineering disciplines and practices of BAE Systems.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand, challenge, contribute or construct software specification and is capable of building software in line with the specifications
- Exploits appropriate software development methods, languages, libraries and techniques and applies these to software engineering tasks to realise the most effective outcome
- Ensures that all work is consistent with defined standards where standards exist and to withstand professional scrutiny in any case
- Ensures that high quality and delivery standards are met and consistently delivers quality code on time and within estimate.
- Demonstrates the ability to reflect on and improve personal performance
- Works as a member of a development team, collaborates with other team members and participates in technical discussions and conversations with customers.
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Strong C++
- Experience of modern libraries including STL
- Good grasp of networking fundamentals
- Ability and desire to learn new programming languages and technologies quickly
- Linux development experience.
- Experience of scripting languages
- SC (minimum) clearance
- Experience of modern libraries including Apache libraries (NiFi etc)
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems
- Experience with automated build and continuous integration suites
- Understanding of low-level computing concepts
- Defect Tracking software (JIRA preferred)
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List