- Bedford, Norwich, Chelmsford
- £300 - £450
This role will manage the overall technical design for the network infrastructure, with the ability to present and demonstrate the network Infrastructure and strategy. A high degree of autonomy is required in this role to deliver a quality service.
The successful Network Engineer will be required to apply in-depth knowledge and skills in the fields of emergency services information technology, IT best practice, IT security and service management.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Network technical design standards are managed across the whole Trust infrastructure and system development programmes.
- Formulate and review system development methodology and standards to ensure a common approach and consistent standard for all programmes of work.
- Manage an overview of all Network technology requirements and agree standards for the approval of the functional specification documents to ensure consistency and compatibility with the strategic vision.
- Manage the overall Network technical design for the Network infrastructure, including documentation of the Network infrastructure.
- Ensure input to the Network architecture work-stream to support any initiatives.
- Specify, order and manage all 3rd party leased data connections for inter-site connectivity ensuring any issues are appropriately managed and SLA's are adhered to.
- Responsible for network security and network penetration testing annually.
- Ensure that network peripherals are managed and software levels kept up to date including patching etc. to ensure the highest level of Network Security.
- Work with 3rd parties to ensure vulnerabilities are patched before they can be exploited.
- Design future Trust WAN, Network designs, selection and procurement of network peripherals
- Responsible for the Network strategy in conjunction with the Service Delivery manager (Infrastructure)
- Monitor and report on a regular basis the status of the Network.
- Hands on experience with Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and AP's.
- Previous experience working in an IT team in an Ambulance Service.
- Experience of all of the following:-
- LAN, WAN, Wireless technologies
- Computer Aided Dispatch systems
- The CAD associated interfaces
- Telephony Systems including analogue, digital and VoIP services
- Windows Server and workstation operating systems
- Exchange Server
- Firewall technologies
- Active directory
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List