- £450 - £500
Lead Test Engineer
Role Overview: We have a new position for a Lead Test Engineer to work on a major client site and be an integral part of a Test team delivering test services to a diverse portfolio of projects across multiple classifications. You will be responsible via the test manager for ensuring there is sufficient depth and scope of test coverage to suitably assure the proposed implementation.
We are looking for a Lead Test Engineer with significant and demonstrable technical testing expertise who has a thirst for technical knowledge and more than one developed technical specialisation.
*It is essential that you hold DV clearance.*
- Under the guidance of the Test Manager ensures that their testing activities are conducted in the most effective and efficient manner
- Development of test requirements matrice
- Provision of or contribution to test estimations
- Production of Test Approaches for all testing requirements, clarifying requirements where required and contributing to High Level Test Strategies and Approaches for more complex requirements
- Development of detailed Test Definition Documents (Scripts)
- Identification and definition of all Test Data in response to clearly defined requirements
- Execution of Test Definitions and the capturing / recording of test results in accordance with established Test Approach(s)
- Defect Management and support
- Definition and collection of Test Metrics
- Evaluation and reporting of Test Results
- Ensures that all test activities are logged and that an up to date audit trail is available
- Significant and demonstrable industry experience and knowledge of testing infrastructure projects from small bespoke network installations to large, complex, multi domain corporate networks
- Experience of Manual IT Infrastructure testing (Cloud, Physical, networks/ switching, storage, exchange, SCOM, SCCM, AD, GPO etc)
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure platforms consisting of Windows / Linux , both Virtual and physical, Clients (win2007- 2010(+) | Centos 6-7(+)) and servers(win2012 - 2019 | Centos 6-7(+))
- Multiple Project dev / test Methodologies (waterfall, V-model, W-model, Agile) with technical knowledge of functional and non-functional test application and delivery
- Test lifecycle, specifically System / System Integration Testing; OAT and UAT
- Test Planning (Approach)
- Test Definition Design (Cases, Scripts)
- Manual test executions and logging of results
- Evaluations and reporting
- Metrics analysis, causal analysis and process improvements
- Requirements, Incident, Configuration & Release, Environment and Change Management
- Competent in the production of all forms of documentation utilising the standard Microsoft Office suite
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List