- £400 - £420
A large Government sector ogranisation requires a Security Cleared Project Manager to offer support on a 12 month basis.
Your role will be to build and manage a cohesive team to ensure the effective delivery of large and complex projects. You will be leading and tasking our project teams and engage with relevant stakeholders. You'll also be responsible for managing the project finances, delivery and all project assurance activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing, planning, and implementing a project, whilst delivering the desired outputs to time, cost and quality.
- Defining the project's governance framework including a monitoring and control regime, stakeholder engagement and issue management, quality and assurance, information management and resource allocation
- Identifying, managing and mitigating the project risks
- Ensuring the appropriate capabilities are employed in the execution of the project, working closely with line managers.
- Tasking and managing external contracts, including engaging with relevant commercial officers
- Establishing, maintaining and controlling project documentation and management information
- Adapting plans to meet changing customer, capability and business requirements and priorities
- Defining tasks and success criteria, working closely with relevant technical leads
- Ensuring that the project follows Dstl's policies and processes
- Engaging with relevant customers and stakeholders (both internal and external).
Project management qualification e.g. APMP, PRINCE2 (or equivalents)
Membership of an appropriate professional body, e.g. APM.
Skills and experience required:
- A strong track record in project planning, leadership and delivery.
- An ability to demonstrate recent successful delivery of the full project life cycle, including quality assurance and financial planning and management.
- Evidence of Project control and reporting.
- Clear and confident written and verbal presentation skills, able to covey messages to a variety of audiences.
- Evidence of forming effective relationships across technical and functional boundaries.
- A solid track record in managing complex and sensitive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Confident user of MS Project.
- Experience of working in a Defence setting including industry, the MOD, the armed forces or Defence agencies.
Please note, you must hold/have recently held Security Clearance in order to be considered for this role.
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List