Our client is a large government sector organisation based in Salisbury. Due to additional demand, they have an immediate requirement for a Security Cleared Commercial Officer to offer support on a 12 month basis.
The main aim of the position is to provide procurement expertise and develop effective contractual relationships with external supplier base and take responsibility for task/management of workflow within the team.
- Developing statements of requirement
- Placing Public Sector contracts.
- Appreciation of Intellectual Property within a commercial environment
- Coaching or mentoring commercial skills within a team environment
- Contract management
- Managing workloads of self and others
- Experience developing and placing contracts within a public environment
- Tendering and placing contracts in accordance within public procurement law, for example OJEU
- Lead and manage procurements through the development and implementation of effective contracts with appropriate suppliers, considering internal needs and supply market characteristics.
- Use a range of EU compliant procurement routes and tools as appropriate.
- Make use of effective procurement approaches and processes.
- Provide direct support and advice as appropriate, including acting as the 'advisor' on issues such as commercial approaches, evaluation processes and negotiation strategies.
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders in order to fully understand their needs.
- Personal responsibility for quality and integrity of data input into corporate systems
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate relevant experience within Central Government or MOD.
In addition, you must hold/have recently held valid Security Clearance.
Please note, this role falls inside IR35 and therefore rates are based on working through an Umbrella company
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List