- £350 - £550
Our client provides technical innovation and consultancy to a variety of organisations within the government and defence sector. Due to expansion and additional demand, they have an immediate requirement for an experienced Security cleared Wireless Communications Specialist on a 6 month basis, possibly longer.
As the Wireless Military Communications Specialist within the organisation, you will have the opportunity to help deliver a broad range of complex and challenging technical programmes within a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Initially providing technical input to a project looking to define a bearer policy for a future military communications system, you will be a key participant in the design and delivery of a variety of strategic programmes and business-critical initiatives.
Your remit would also cover large-scale engagements where change and evolution of services contribute to this fascinating, and demanding environment.
- Providing technical advice and support on the identification, assessment, modelling, integration, deployment and operation of tactical land environment wireless networks
- Require knowledge of current and emerging military waveforms, radios and standards
- Require understanding of their operation and performance in the deployed space
- Providing technical input on Network Architectures and protocols
- Reviewing deliverables
- Governance and assurance activities
You should have technical and general competencies in the following:
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Military Waveforms and their underlying principles
- Knowledge of network architectures and protocols including Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (MANET)
- Knowledge of security aspects of military radios would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Network Systems within the Military Deployed Tactical Environment
- Knowledge in the design and integration of network technologies responding to the challenges imposed by the tactical bearer environment
- The ability to support the Technical Authority in the projects system design and conduct formal technical reviews
- The ability to undertake technical assessments and testing
- A general awareness of Systems Engineering and Systems Modelling & Simulation
- A proven track record in stakeholder engagement.
- The ability to work either independently or as part of a team and under pressure, whilst prioritising the work effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The role will require remote working at the client site.
- You will ideally be degree qualified (2.1 or above) in a related subject or have the equivalent in relevant engineering, scientific or technical experience
Due to the nature of the role and the environment you will be working in, you must hold Security Clearance.
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List