- £25,000 - £30,000
Our client is a global leader in IT services and solutions to the Government and Defence sector.
Due to additional workload, they are looking to recruit an enthusiastic It Support Engineer to join their experienced team in resolving all engineering problems and incidents.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior level candidate with existing service desk experience to progress and develop their skills.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered you must hold Developed Vetting (DV) clearance
Overview of Role:
- You will provide first and second level technical support on incidents and problems
- Do what you need to for one-touch resolution for all types of incident and levels of severity
- Monitor overall system performance and ensure smooth system functionality
- Create and maintain documentation - and use it.
- Work to ITIL best practices
- Implement standards, policies and procedures for continual service improvement
- Automate and improve everything you can. Look for root causes and fix them
- Share your knowledge and learn from others
- Proactively look for risks and problems and make sure they get fixed
- Assist to build compliance with process and policies
Your skills & experience:
Either a foundation in or in-depth knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Storage and Backup,
- You're enthusiastic and get on with things
- You work with a ‘can-do' attitude
- You love to learn new skills and take on new challenges
- You listen to customers and want the get it right for them
- You share what you know and love to work in a fast paced, multi skilled team
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You've good analytical and troubleshooting skills with an eye for detail
In return, our client will offer:
A flexible benefits scheme to help you get more from your reward package. You can choose from a range of health, finance and lifestyle benefits and manage your core benefits and company pension online. You can extend some benefits to cover your partner or family. The ability to buy and sell holiday is a particular favourite.
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List