- £450 - £550
Digital Dev Ops Senior
- Contract Length: 6 months
- Location: Leeds
- Salary: £550
- Security Clearance: BPSS
Our client are seeking a Senior Dev Ops Engineer to engage with their public sector customer who can quickly get to work within an agile multi-disciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts.
The candidate will be expected to draw value from collaboration with others, actively seek input from colleagues and value a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Day-to-day you will be using your experience and technical skills to support the team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
- Dev Ops & Prod Ops best practises commensurate with the build, maintenance and management of high volume transactional web sites and webs services.
- Application deployment strategies and continuous integration across multiple environments and releases using a micro-service architecture.
- Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to optimise this process.
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef.
- Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack with strong expertise in virtualisation.
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
- Administration and build of RDBMS and NoSQL database technologies (e.g MangoDB, MySQL).
- Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, SSL, FTP, DHCP, and DNS).
- Installation, configuration and management of open source monitoring tools.
- Deploying and configuring virtual machines in a hosted environment.
- 3rd Line technical support to Production Operations
- Experience required:
- Ideally the candidate will have been the lead Dev Ops, working on a major project or programme with experience in defining Dev Ops architectures, target operating models and providing thought leadership to other Dev Ops team members.
- You will have significant demonstrable experience of configuring web, application and database infrastructure in a fast moving development environment.
To discuss this role further or to have your profile considered, please do not hesitate to submit your CV.
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List