- £300 - £400
Our client based in Wiltshire operates within the defence sector. Due to additional demand, they have an immediate requirement for a Security Cleared Programme/Project Planner to offer support on a 6 to 9 month basis.
You will join a large delivery team providing IT change to a defence customer. You will work within the P3MO team and will be working closely with the Portfolio Delivery Managers and multiple project teams in creating, maintaining, understanding and reporting Programme delivery performance. These high level plans will clearly display dependencies, critical paths and areas of concern to inform senior stakeholders, enabling key decisions and direction to be made for the Portfolio.
In addition, you will be required to:
- Create and maintain multiple Programme Plans, ensuring accuracy and clarity at all times.
- Present Programme Plans to key internal and external stakeholders of progress, impacts, critical paths and dependencies across the Portfolio.
- Provide a vehicle for early awareness of potential delays with suggestions for mitigating actions.
- Provide resource forecasts for all work streams, identifying and highlighting areas of resource constraints.
- Engage with, and challenge where necessary, multiple project teams in gathering a clear picture of Programme performance.
- Provide analysis of Programme performance both during and after Programme completion.
- Advise, monitor and support realisation of Programme benefits.
- Demonstrable experience of all Microsoft Office applications with an expert understanding of Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ablilty to simplify complex plans for presentation to non-IT audiences, thereby allowing the critical success factors and current issues to be understood.
- Understand the full IT project lifecycle from mandate to closure and onto benefits realisation.
- Be comfortable presenting and conversing at a senior level.
- Understand RAID within IT Programme and Project Management.
- Have extensive experience of IT project methodologies, both Agile and Waterfall.
- Have demonstrable experience in Dependency Management and be able to display such linkages within Programme
- Plans and impacts to the Programme in the event of project slippages.
- Understand and be able to influence critical paths across Programmes.
- Be confident in challenging project teams to promote efficient use of resources and to deliver on time and to a high
- Be able to demonstrate a clear level of planning control, governance and reporting with previous experience to confirm their understanding and ability to deliver.
The successful applicant will be qualified and skilled in:
- Risk and Issue Management, holding MoR foundation as a minimum.
- Dependency Management.
- Project Management, holding PRINCE2 foundation as a minimum.
Please note that you must hold/have recently held Security Clearance to be considered for this role.
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List