- £35,000 - £40,000
As a Network Support Specialist, you will be a hybrid Network and DevOps engineer, who ensures that customer network and security solutions run smoothly and efficiently. Data analytics, automation, and continual service improvement are all key in helping us achieve this. Working in a team of 3rd line engineers, you will be responsible for changes, improvements, troubleshooting and technical queries relating to customer solutions, platforms, and the tools used to manage them.
- Communicate with customers on a highly technical level to provide immediate resolution where possible; ensuring tickets are managed and progressed correctly within the appropriate SLAs
- Work with customers to scope out, document, and implemented proposed changes to network solutions
- Participate in an on-call rota and be an escalation point for service incidents
- Create and maintain tools and platforms that improve operational efficiency
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the business product set, contributing towards the development and continual improvement of new and existing products
- Offer technical leadership to other support teams by providing support and formal training
- Develop and maintain customer facing and internal documentation
- Manage the integrity of configuration information stored on internal systems
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Experience in a service provider environment, specifically with MPLS technologies
- Experience with Cisco hardware and the associated Cisco software (IOS, NX-OS, CatOS, etc.)
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in TCP, UDP, DNS & DHCP
- Experience with protocols and technologies such as STP, First Hop Redundancy Protocols, EtherChannel, QoS, NTP, 802.1x & NetFlow
- Candidates should also possess past experience with IPSec / Remote Access VPN technologies, Firewalls (ASA 55xx), Wireless (802.11x) & IT security best practices
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List