- £450 - £470
Our client operates within the government and defence sector. Due to additional demand, they have an immediate requirement for an experienced Test Manager with Security Clearance to offer support at Aldermaston.
Core Job Functions
- Manages IT Test delivery (can include Functional, Performance, Security and other Non-Functional Testing activities), in line with defined overall testing approach (methodology), key inputs and dependencies, tooling, resource demands
- Deliverables - supports definition and creation of Project Test Strategies where projects are defined as churn or simple to medium complexity.
- Creates project-based estimates, using designated estimation tools and other test collateral, (Test Plans, test schedule, test reports etc), based on known/assumed scope and execution activities
- Supports the shifts left focus into design and development so that testing influences and drives the outputs and quality from these domains. This includes alignment of dependent domains (i.e. solution architects) and potentially 3rd Party Suppliers where DXC acts as the primary System Integrator.
- Confirms testability of complex project requirements - clarifies ambiguous elements and aligns/sets expectations on actions/owners
- Supports Test Consultants in carrying out health checks whilst delivery in flow - complies to defined Test Strategy and quality of test collateral and deliverables
- Responsible for own learning and development - Stays current on established tools, techniques, and technologies.
- Maintains links with and is advised by the Consultant group so keeps abreast of strategic developments as well as managing existing delivery progress
- Manages relationships with DXC and Client project team.
- Work across teams and involve other parts of the organization in the development of deliverables.
- Interact with customers regarding project information - client facing role
- Ensures application of Test Management discipline areas (Scope, Risk, Quality, Human Resource, Financial, Procurement, Communication, Schedule and Integration) to lead creation / maintenance of testing deliverables for programme planning, execution, reporting, reviewing and decision making.
- Approves project / programme control approach and testing metrics; coaches project team members.
- Experience of Managing SIT, UAT and OAT Testing
- Microsoft Technologies
- Test Automation Knowledge
- Migration to Windows 10
- Application Migration Experience
- Desktop Virtualisation
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, engineering, management information systems, or computer science, or related field preferred
- ISTQB Foundation certification or similar
- Additional ISTQB specialism (Mobile, Agile or similar) or Intermediate certificate
- Six or more years of software testing experience
- Three or more years of leading small teams
- Two or more years of project management or similar role with degree of independence of action and control
Please note you must hold Security Clearance to be considered for this role.
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List