- £35,000 - £40,000
We are looking for a Test Engineer, with knowledge of testing practices to help deliver high quality products, working with a team to ensure quality throughout the process. Working on both new and existing data loads based on SQL Server and C# Services, with different technologies being assessed as the platform improves over time.
You will work alongside developers and testers on product delivery teams using a mix of manual and automated test techniques.
- Write test scripts in line with the agreed test approach and product specification
- Help organise, specify and carry out testing, both manual and automated, using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Creation and maintenance of automated regression suites to deliver maximum repeatability and efficiency.
- Define appropriate test data to support test cases.
- Lead by example in terms of execution of best testing practices, principles and professionalism.
- Experience of testing solutions within an agile development lifecycle.
- A collaborative approach to testing, getting involved throughout the development lifecycle.
- Experience of test automation techniques.
- Experience of working with data.
- Some knowledge of SQL
- Use of agile acceptance test tools (e.g. SpecFlow, Fitnesse, Cucumber)
- Knowledge of programming (e.g. C#)
- Knowledge of Web Service APIs (REST\SOAP)
- Experience using source control (e.g. TFS, Git)
- Knowledge of database testing tools (e.g. DBFit, tSQLt)
- ISEB/ISTQB Certificate in Software Testing
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List