- £50,000 - £55,000
Our client provides technical and scientific expertise to the Defence sector. They have recently been awarded a new contract and therefore, require an experienced Communications Systems Integration Engineer to operate from their site in Portsmouth.
- Delivering IT solutions, by taking existing design documents and building and testing to the required specification
- Supporting detailed design documentation for specific aspects
- Independently creating and running testing schedules
- Working with other parts of the organisation and customer or subcontractors to integrate technology into solution
- Ensuring documentation is clear and concise and appropriate to the project
- Identifying and resolving technical issues and problems in a timely manner
- Working with PM and technical lead to deliver specific aspects of project work across the team as required
- Working collaboratively within teams to ensure own aspect of solution is integrated successfully and documented and delivered into service following established governance processes
- Technically lead small projects and be accountable for their technical success.
- Stand up as Lead Integration Engineer.
Technical Skills /Qualifications:
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant STEM subject with suitable experience in Communications
- Knowledge of systems including VLF, HF, UHF and satcom
- Knowledge of military comms systems including VLF, Bowman, Falcon and/or Skynet5/6 or legacy Maritime comms
- Awareness of future comms systems or future RN platforms.
- Engineering background understanding requirements capture, integrations planning and testing.
- Should have a developing understanding of the military environment, generally with a focus on one of air, maritime or land. This will include a technical understanding of the systems that are deployed and the types of information being passed over the networks
- Deliver demonstrations and presentation on technical area at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Able to articulate conclusions and recommendations in a manner suitable for the varying levels of customer
- Experience of working with MOD and potentially other Government agencies.
- To liaise with the customer representatives unescorted.
- Able to lead one or two junior members of staff.
- Able to propose solutions and influence senior members of staff in own discipline.
Please note that you must hold recent SC (Security Clearance) clearance and be prepared to travel within the UK.
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List