- £280 - £350
2nd Line Support Engineer
Rate: £280 - £350
You will be an experienced 2nd Line Desktop Engineer whose experience covers hardware and software support.
You will be delivering core IT services to the client which includes maintenance of IT infrastructure, technical support and management for any project related work within a managed service environment.
- 1st and 2nd software and hardware support (PC's, laptops, peripherals, printers)
- Maintain high level of communication with the users throughout the business by open communication
- Build, configure and troubleshoot desktop and laptop systems to corporate specifications
- Respond to incident requests, internal works orders and other queries assigned via the Service Management tool
- Resolve daily issues that impact the sites, teams and users
- Install, configure and maintain network printers
- Installing and supporting remote access connections
- Installation of encryption software and carrying out the challenge / response process as required
- Adding users to Active Directory software groups
- Alignment to processes for collection, assetting, cleansing and disposal of redundant hardware assets
- Conform to all secure media handling processes and policies
- Close liaison with other internal resolver groups to ensure service delivery meets customer requirements
- Maintain and update asset holdings within the relevant configuration databases
- Ensure compliance with the processes and procedures
- Carry out ‘Business Rules' processes, e.g. New Starter, Leaver, etc.
Essential skills & experience
- Desktop experience at 2nd line level in a complex IT support environment
- Windows 7,10 and Microsoft applications, Office 2010/2013/2016, SharePoint 2010/2013/2016, Outlook 2010/2013/2016
- Understanding of Thin Client environments
- Knowledge of Citrix and VMWare
- Good understanding of LAN/WAN technologies, systems management and monitoring tools
- Experience in a customer focused environment
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List