- £450 - £495
Data Migration Developer
Working to support the Data Migration process for a new Government secure IT system. The project will operate within an Agile environment and the successful candidate will require a current active SC clearance.
Working alongside the Data Migration team and reporting into the Data Workstream Lead, you will complete the agreed data migration deliverables for the project, ensuring the workstream is executed in line with the project plan.
This project is demanding in terms of its delivery timeframes and to be successful you must quickly settle into the team structure and begin delivering to a high level of quality.
Core Skills set:
- Relevant experience across - Data Migration, DevOps, Release Engineering and Configuration Management
- ETL package design and ingestion pipeline building, upgrade scripts looking to automate where possible
- Oracle, SQL,SSIS,SSRS,SSAS
- Business Intelligence reporting development and tool experience (specially, Power BI, OBIEE)
- Managing on-premise and cloud based (AWS) data solutions in secure environment
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Willingness to challenge technical assumptions and decisions
- Database admin including backup & recovery and security
- Assist in preparation of upgrade and migration scripts XML / SQL
- Minimise performance impact of any database changes, staging area
- Dynamics 365 Architecture experience
- MS Collaboration tools including SharePoint and data migration in structured, no-structured data
- Core Infrastructure services - Active Directory, File Transfers (XML, XSD, json, html, CSV data parsing)
- Experience and understanding of effective data storage, data retention, and database management (structures, non-structured data: images, voice, etc.)
- Completing the agreed deliverables for data migration piece of work for the project ensuring data migration workstream is executed in line with project plan
- Working in collaboration with workstream leads, Business Leads and SMEs, specially liaising and triaging with Test Lead, Integration Lead, Integration Lead (Infrastructure, Applications) and 3rd party suppliers to agree requirements for data migration environments
- Carrying out necessary data preparation, data transformation before go live in TO-BE
- ETL design for the data migration piece of work
- Assist in preparation of upgrade and migration scripts for bulk data, XML / SQL
- Assist design and maintain the data migration solution design approach
- Address test failures working closely with the QA team
- Experience with extraction scripts, ETL, data cleansing and data quality reports
- Experience in developing BI/MI reporting requirement
Apply for this vacancy
Not quite right for you?
The above role not quite the right fit? No problem, simply use the below links to continue browsing roles, or submit your CV to us and we'll find the right role for you.
Register my CV
Return to Jobs List